1.Provide children with things that gear their needs selectively and with a focus.
2.Parents’ best wishes, hopes and ideals should be on the basis of analyzing their children’s ability, talents and habits objectively, do not expect too much, unrealistic expectations only result in incapability, complaining and self-pity.
3. Do not treat your only child as an ‘infant’. Create an environment that suits your child, eliminate adults’ undue influence on children, and allow them to grow up naturally and healthily.
4. Strive to cultivate your children with an independent personality, do not gain emotional comfort by depending on your children; do not believe that you have loss something if you do not have a child.
5. Only after the only child has the ability to make quick decisions and be fearless of setbacks can he or she possess the quality of persistence.
6. Children in neighborhood are your only kid’s best mates. Starting from early childhood, parents should make sure that their children have access to collective activities among neighboring children; the parent must not interfere in such relationships.
7. Parents should admit their children’s strengths and weaknesses with sincere conviction.
8. Parents should arrange some special activities that do not include a child and fully enjoy themselves.
9. In the process of educating their children, the parents should require their children with the consistent discipline. Those thoughts as strict discipline will make children to come up with ways to bite back are harmful. In fact, those parents who are not afraid that discipline will deprive children’s love for them may in turn win their children’s love.
10. The only child’s parents may compete with one another unconsciously for the purpose of pleasing their child. Parents should avoid such competition, or the child will follow suit and manipulate the parents and other elders.
11. Never overdo when you encourage your children to be creative, or the children may become even more retarded. The parents should bear in mind that children make decisions according to their capability and understanding toward things, and only the children themselves know their ability and utmost limit best.
12. The only child has a strong desire to be praised. Nevertheless, as the child grows older, parents should lay more stress on spiritual consolation and satisfaction rather than superficial praises.
13. Do not put forward standard physique requirements for your child, or behave in a panic and frightened manner for the child’s slight discomfort. Too many worries about the child’s health or too much emphasis on body’s flawlessness may cause hypochondria or nervousness to the child.
14.Parents should be quite alert that their children may have the thoughts of controlling others; otherwise they may inflict the temptation to control on their friends and adults around brazenly, which may be objected by others.